Sunday, May 2, 2010

Co-op Group Project

So this is the first post for a group concept project that we are collectively going to be working on towards a possible animation. Right now the basic framework revolves around a protagonist character, in a field with a tree, and a ball. My mind is currently elsewhere, but this is what I've sketched up thus far. Expect to see more works posted on by us related to this project. Optimistically it looks to be a good one!


Lads: This is what I've loosely sketched up as concepts around the main character. As you can see, I've based him to have a prairie farmboy look, in a tall wheatfield where his tree is. I've projected that the tree is special to him because it is a tree that he has conquored - He knows how to reach every branch, inside and out. My character skills are pretty unsophisticated, so forgive me on that.
Also, I've conjectured into drawing up the main character's little brother, who in earnest wears an iron pot or a collander for safety. It sparked up an idea I have in mind for a group of prairie boys who bands together in a similar fashion. I'll ellaborate them in more concept work unrelated to this project that I'll post up here at some point.
catch you later lads.

3 comments:

  1. i really like the feel you're getting to with the characters. I think that one of the guy's head in the straw hat is particularly cool cause he seems to have a sense of curiosity in him as well as some experience in exploration. I guess a slightly more 'outdoors-y' feel to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this character design has potential. But for a main protagonist, it needs more interesting detail overall. not just in design, but some sort of an aura that tells people that he is the main character. And this aura i'm talking bout should still work together with the personality of the character. So i'm not saying make him heroic, but just a bit more of a touch up from where u started. If you don't mind, can i just take this and work further on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. go right ahead man. I'd be interested to see where you go with this vein of thought

    ReplyDelete